Amanita muscaria Mushrooms (Fly agaric)
Eastern European Fly Agaric (Amanita muscaria for sale) Grade A Mushrooms caps only, no stems. Eastern European Fly Agaric (Amanita muscaria) are mushrooms which contain the chemicals ibotenic acid and muscimol and are the oldest entheogen known to man. They have a long history of use in Asia and Northern Europe. They are best known for their distinctive bright red appearance with white spots. The Vikings used the Amanita Muscaria to enter the “berserker” state for battle. These Eastern European Fly Agarics are cured at source, they are picked and taken to special drying chambers 170-200F this process turns some ibotenic acid into muscimol which is believed to be most active.
More information: SalviaExtract encyclopaedia on Amanita Muscaria(Fly agaric)
Package weight: 1 oz
Quality: Grade A
Amanita muscaria Trip
” Having fixed my snack, I sat on the floor in front of our wood-burner watching the logs burn eating my nuts and honey and drinking my milk. Normal objects appeared to have deeper meaning, such as I felt intimately that the wood burning in the stove had once been part of a proud pine tree, the milk I drank was from a cow, the honey from bees. There was a sense of connection and also gratitude toward the sacrifices of the living things that had given their lives and hard work to made up this experience.
The best way I can describe the experience is as ‘intense’. There was not the warm melting feelings I get on psilocybin mushrooms, and it was not sharp and jaggedy like speed or cocaine. I did feel ‘enpowered’ and energized. I listened to music for a few hours and danced around for a good hour. By 3am, I got sleepy and went to bed. Overall, it was a pleasant, exhilarating experience with no negative effects. ” – Trip Report
How to use Amanita muscaria
These mushrooms are usually eaten (and are said to taste quite OK). Drying them well is very important, but if they have been dried more than a few months ago they lose some effectiveness.
Smoking amanita has been done with satisfying results: it produces a more rapid effect of shorter duration. But in general, when smoked effects are less strong.
“If you have dried your mushrooms then one can simply eat them or else do the hot water method of preparation by bringing some water to the near simmer point, but not quite rolling point, at about 190 degrees, and add the ground mushrooms. Let this cook in the water for about a half hour to an hour and them consume, water, ground mushrooms and all. For those of you who can’t stand the taste of dried mushrooms or the tea the gel-cap method may work best. Simply take the dried mushrooms, grind them up, and stuff into gel-caps. One might also take the tea, dehydrate it, and then gel-cap. Since the majority of the alkaloids reside within the caps skin it might also be worth a try either to peal off the skin from fresh mushrooms and dry, or else remove the gills from dried specimens, to reduce the amount needing to be consumed” (Michael S. Smith).
Dosage: 5 grams or less of the dried material is a good starting point which can be gradually increased according to ones desires. A common dosage is considered to be 5 – 10 g (1 – 3 medium caps) and a strong dose 10 – 30 g (2 – 6 medium caps). Usually the first effects can be felt within the first half hour and vary from individual to individual, but augmentation of dosage could better be consumed just when the effects are in full swing, about 2 hours after ingestion. The duration seems to be anywhere from four to ten hours.
A different approach, and list of recipes, is presented in the free e-book Amanita Muscaria; Herb of Immortality (PDF).
Amanita muscaria Dosage
Oral Amanita muscaria Dosages
|Light||1 – 5 g (1 medium cap)|
|Common||5 – 10 g (1 – 3 medium caps)|
|Strong||10 – 30 g (2 – 6 medium caps)|
Onset : 30 – 120 minutes
Peak : 1 – 2 hours
Duration : 5 – 10 hours (higher doses seem to last longer)
Normal After Effects : 1 – 5 hours
Amanita muscaria Effects
- euphoria: feelings of peace and well being
- marked analgesia (pain relief)
- physical relaxation / dream state: (during the sedative effects) can be highly detailed, colorful, and have a great sense of clarity and lucidity. Some people describe these as being similar to Lucid Dreaming. Some describe them as Out of Body Experiences (OOBEs). As with normal dreams, the Amanita Dream State can consist of a wide variety of experiences.
- internal dialogue: some people report a strong sense of an internal discussion, a feeling of being able to think through personal issues. Others report a significant reduction of internal dialogue, sense of peacefulness, and internal quiet.
- synesthesia: is somewhat common, smelling words, tasting colors, etc.
- clarity: Often no interference with memory or logic: many report strong “clarity of thought” and “stillness of mind”. Others report mild to strong confusion.
- internal focus: Difficulty in focusing concentration on external tasks. Increased focus on internal imagination, imagery, day dreams.
- sociability: Group interaction can become incoherent: “conversational weirdness”, frequent changes in topic, “non-linear conversations”
- sexual feelings: Some people report increased sexual feelings, others report very unsexual emotional and sensual distance / coldness.
Effective Aug 8, 2005 (signed into law Jun 28, 2005) Louisiana Act No 159 makes 40 plants illegal, including Amanita muscaria, when intended for human consumption. The law specifically excludes the “possession, planting, cultivation, growing, or harvesting” of these plants if used “strictly for aesthetic, landscaping, or decorative purposes.” (Text of HLS_05RS-52 and Update June 2005)
Tennessee did not pass the proposed bill that would have banned dozens of plants as “hallucinogenic” when intended for human consumption. Instead, they banned only Salvia divinorum. See Comments on New State Laws Controlling the Consumption of Hallucinogenic Plants.